This is a survey activity which works brilliantly
with adjectives (because of their suggestive nature)
but can also be adapted for nouns or other
* First, present your adjectives.
Write a model set of questions on board. This is essential!
eg. for an ‘adjective survey’
1. Do you think sunrise is an exciting time?
2. Who is an exciting person?
3. Which is the most exciting?
a) a movie b)a traffic jam c) a party
4. How exciting is bungee jumping?
5. Have you done something exciting today? What?
Distribute survey templates or get the students to copy it
Then groups of 3 students choose an adjective and write
5 questions as a team and interview the rest of the class.
Finally they can write a short report about the findings.
Most students think sunrises are exciting