Teacher Tools for ESL Teachers
- Technology, and in particular, artificial intelligence is totally changing the teaching environment for ESL teachers.
- Technologies such as mobile phones, Ipads and bluetooth speakers have revolutionized listening/speaking classes.
- Cloud storage services apps have have revolutionized the availability of teaching materials.
- Design software and almost infinite image libraries has turned every teacher into a potential author and publisher.
- Artificial intelligence is empowering teachers in every aspect of their work.
- Automated quiz and test making websites and apps have allowed teachers to be professionals like never before.
- Below are links to some of the technologies, apps and services I have found useful over the years.
Number 1 Teaching Tool for 2022
The Number 1 Teaching Tool for 2022 for is OpenAI. It will change your life as a teacher. It’s already changed mine. Have a look at the video below to understand how it works. I should emphasize that it’s all about the words you use and the questions you ask. The video only shows a sample, the tip of the iceberg.
Creating teaching materials with artificial intelligence (YouTube video)
Subscribe to get full access to the latest artificial intelligence resources for teaching from eslflow.com. There are no ads in the newsletter and you will receive high quality, and up-to-date information and teaching resources regularly. And, if you subscribe, you will be supporting the eslflow website.
Revolution in the classroom: teacher tools for the ESL listening/speaking teacher (PDF)
Quiz and test maker
Vocabulary handout maker with pictures on various topics
Crossword puzzle maker
Teacher tools including crossword maker, label the pictures, multiple choice etc.(free)
Vocabulary Worksheet Factory
Another excellent quizmaker
Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder : great for creating ESL listening tests
Dropbox: great way to store and share documents
Evernote webclipper: fantastic way to research & file information at breakneck speed
Create a graph (free)