Why teach language with images and pictures?
- Pictures provoke the imagination.
- Pictures are fun.
- Pictures are a universal language. They can convey meanings instantly.
- Pictures can make difficult topics more accessible.
- Pictures can be used to aid almost any ESL teaching exercise including vocabulary exercises, brainstorming exercises, dialogues, role plays, story-telling, and cultural lessons.
- Pictures provoke discussions as individuals interpret images in different ways.
- These days, with image libraries, it is quite easy to find a picture or image to suit almost any word or situation.